Tuesday 29 June 2010

Shoes

I don't think I've mentioned before in my blog, but I work as a photographer/videographer for the website of a popular UK fashion footwear retailer. So I spend my days looking at, photographing, videoing and editing SHOES.

Awesome, some may say. It is, but it's also a bit of a bummer when your feet are a bit crap. I've never been into high heels because I'm 5'8 and have been since the age of about 12, but I do like nice shoes. I also have a generous discount which needs to be used.

Ok so today I bought these:



Toms - light, summery, on trend and totally awesome because for every pair bought, they give a pair to someone in a 3rd world country. And also they're flat and should be super comfy with a supportive sole. BUT... my stupid feet are different sizes. So the right foot is pretty tight on, and the right foot just happens to be the foot with the arthritis. I sense doom, but I bought them anyway!!

I also really really really want to get these:



Tried them on today and they fit really nicely on my different sized feet and the heel isn't high at all so no pressure on the ball of my foot. BUT... the stupid bit over the toe turns in too far and rubs the top of my big toe like crazy.

I just know they'll give me blisters or worse.. Ugh.. but I want them! Sick of wearing my oh-so-comfy 'Granny Sandals' and trainers.

What's a girl to do?!

5 comments:

  1. Toms! I have a blog post prepped on them for my new blog! OK, wedges, but, hey, still!

    Sorry shoes are causing you problems. I wore a pair of wedges to lunch the other day cause my feet were feeling fine and that was not a good idea...even though I drove there!

    Plus I have an awesome pair of Banana Republic high heels (a killer combo of patent and plain black leather with peep toes) that I'm pretty sure I'll never wear again. Sucks...

    :) L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't even get me started on shoes. My feet are ridiculous and I am postive I will never again wear anything with any form of a heel. Plus, I need to go shoe-shopping for my friend's wedding, of which I am the maid of honour. Le sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie, we seem to be on the same wavelenght these past few days!lol
    Ack you might wear the heels again, it's only early days for us both. Keep them just in case ;)

    Pony.. I find these kind of occasions a nightmare to dress for normally, let alone with arthritis. I haven't had a 'formal' occasion yet but I dread to think what I'd wear... Dr Martens maybe? Haha. I hope you find something suitable.. maybe if your dress is long enough the shoes won't matter too much?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate the granny ones but unfortunately, I can no longer wear high heels. Someone should invent a pretty shoe line for people with arthritis. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know EXACTLY how you feel. Im 26 and was diagnosed at 12, with my knees and ankles being my hot spots. All of my girlfriends are able to wear the cutest/sexiest most beautiful heels... and I am am bound to my flip flops... or a small wedge IF I'm lucky. I ofter joke saying not wearing heels is the worst part of my RA... I get used to the pain but continue to suffer from heel jealousy.

    ReplyDelete